About Me

My photo
"So do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you; I will uphold you with my righteous right hand." -Isaiah 41:10. I'm just a teenager. Gimme a break.

Sunday, October 5, 2014

...future?

Senior year. Class of 2015. And I have so many questions I am expected to answer. What college am I going to? What do I want to major in? What are you going to do with your degree? 

This is getting scary. I'm 17. 

All of these decisions will effect my future. Where I'm going to live, how much money I'm going to make, whether I'm going to be happy with my job or not, whether I decide to have a family.

Stressssssssssssssss. 

But I always have to remember something extremely important. I'm on God's timing and God's plan. 

Today's second reading was something I really needed to hear today. 
"Have no anxiety at all... then the peace of God that surpasses all understanding will guard your hearts and minds in Christ Jesus."

I'm definitely one of those people who plans their lives. I think I know what I want to do within the next 20 years and the idea of changing that plan makes me super nervous, except now that I think about it, I never really asked God what he thought about this plan. I could be making a mistake and taking the wrong path, but nonetheless, the more I put God into my decisions, He can guide me to where I need to be. 

Wherever God takes me is where I'll be happy and I'll know where I belong. 

Dear Reader,
Pray for those who are searching for God and those that are uncertain of his timing. Pray for the class of 2015 as we make these difficult decisions throughout the year and that we may see our lives through God's eyes.

Put your trust in the Lord and you'll be happier than ever before. <3

No comments:

Post a Comment